Monday, March 08, 2010

March 8, 2010 - Hope on the Horizon

The big medical conference each year in the field of lymphoma treatment is ASH – the American Society of Hematology. This year’s conference, I understand, contained good news for people like me with indolent lymphomas – particularly follicular lymphoma. Check out this video interview with Dr. Dr. Ephraim Hochberg, Director of Clinical Lymphoma Research at Dana-Farber/Massachusetts General Hospital:

An Expert's Perspective on the Latest in NHL from Patient Powerr on Vimeo.

It’s encouraging to hear this lymphoma researcher speak of turning the corner and heading into the home stretch on some long-term research efforts. The longer my lymphoma remains sluggish, the longer my watch-and-wait treatment approach continues, the more likely it becomes that some new medicine will be available when I need it.

No comments: